Both men and women can enjoy amazing results with elos™ Vein Therapy. Most clients report a high degree of satisfaction with the procedure and relief at no longer having to hide unsightly veins. The treated areas are noticeably clearer and in most cases the skin continues to improve with each successive treatment. Depending on the severity of your spider veins or skin imperfection, you may require 3 – 6 treatments.
There is no cure for spider and reticular veins. Although treatment does not prevent the development of new spider veins, the removal of existing veins can dramatically improve the appearance of the affected area, providing a more youthful, healthy look and an even color pattern to the skin.
SPIDER VEIN REMOVAL
Whether the result of pregnancy, hormones, genetics or age itself, varicose and smaller spider veins can cause your legs to look old even if they are toned. Our leg veins contain special one way valves to assist with proper circulation. However, increased pressure on the body from prolonged standing and walking can cause these valves to fail in susceptible individuals, which leads to the enlarged vessels that we know as varicose and spider veins. They seldom cause pain, but their looks alone can be a reason for treatment.
elos™ is the first and only technology that uses combined energies to effectively reduce the appearance of problem veins on the legs and face. Laser light and Bi-Polar Radio Frequency energies precisely target and heat the unwanted vein while protecting the surrounding skin in a non invasive manner. elos™ is truly the next generation of safe and effective vein treatment technology for small red and blue spider veins on the legs and face.
The Benefits of elos™ Laser Vein Therapy
- elos™ allows for treatment of large skin areas
- There are no needles, drugs or toxic chemicals used with elos™ vein therapy.
- elos™ is a faster procedure than many other vein therapies.
- There is little to no down time with elos™ vein therapy.
- The procedure has minimal complications or side effects.
- elos™results are longer lasting and aesthetically rewarding
- elos™is less traumatic to the surrounding skin compared to sclerotherapy.
- elos™Vein Therapy is less painful than sclerotherapy.
- elos™ therapy can be used on the face, legs and other parts of the body.
- Recovery is immediate.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Does it hurt?
Some clients describe the sensation as a mild snapping or prickly feeling. elōs™technology features an advanced comfort system that monitors your skin temperature and keeps it at a soothing cool temperature during the procedure. Treatment with elōs™ is easy! There is no surgery, no sedation and no downtime. Depending on the area being treated most procedures take approximately 30 to 45 minutes.
What is elōs™?
elōs™ combines safe and effective levels of laser and radiofrequency energies to remove leg veins and other unwanted vessels. Both laser and radiofrequency have been used separately for decades in medicine and surgery, but elōs™ exclusively combines light and radio frequency energy for ideal treatment outcomes – improves leg veins and vascular lesions with a very low risk of side effects.
What can I expect from elōs™ treatments?
elōs™ can improve unsightly leg veins and other unwanted vascular lesions. Spider veins and larger blue-green vessels on legs will gradually fade and canbe treated until patient satisfaction has been reached. Facial spider veins canalso be treated with the elōs™.
How many treatments are required?
Most patients will require between 1-4 treatments. Some vessels may require more than 4 treatment sessions.
How often are treatments done? Treatment sessions are typically 6-8 weeks apart. Smaller spider veins may be treated every 4 weeks.
How long do treatments take?
Each treatment session typically takes between 20-45 minutes depending on the size of the area being treated.
Who should be treated with the elōs™?
Anyone with unwanted leg veins or vascular lesions may be a candidate for treatment with elōs™. Removal of vascular lesions and veins with elōs™ technology (laser and radio frequency) is a safe and effective alternative for patients who want a non-invasive approach to vascular treatment. elōs™ is the clear choice for patients who do not like needles or who have had adverse reaction to solutions that are injected into the vein during Sclerotherapy. Your clinician will determine individual suitability for elōs™treatment during the consultation.
Are there any risks to treatment?
ANY medical aesthetic laser procedure has risk of side effects such as superficial blistering, crusting, and pigmentary changes in the skin. These risks are rare and usually quickly resolved. elōs™ incorporates several technological advances that focus on patient safety to minimize these risks and provide greater satisfaction. The laser hand piece is also cooled for skin protection and comfort during the procedure.
Facial Spider Veins
A person with spider veins on the face will usually choose to have Laser therapy as opposed to more invasive treatments. Laser treatments may cause some minor reddening that usually improves within a day or two but often recovery is immediate. You may apply makeup if necessary but we do recommend waiting 24 hours to apply makeup. Application of SPF 30 sun block is required.
Are there any contraindications?
Conditions that may exclude you from elōs™ treatment for spider vein therapy include pregnancy, pacemakers, cardiac irregularities, active infection or a history of herpes in the treatment area, raised moles or suspicious skin lesions, keloid scarring, tattoos in the area to be treated, diabetes, epilepsy, implants in the treatment area, and acne treated with Accutane within the last six to twelve months.
Regardless of treatment, you may anticipate the development of new spider veins over time, just as you would if your spider veins had not been treated. Spider vein therapy treats current spider veins but cannot prevent new ones from developing.
- Do NOT tan, sun bathe, use spray on or self-tanners or solariums for approx two weeks.
- Limit exercise or activity that generates body heat for 4 hours prior to the procedure.
- Do NOT wax legs prior to Spider Vein therapy. You should shave legs two to three days before treatment.
- You must NOT have had any injectables (sclerotherapy) within 30 days of treatment.
- It is best to avoid using skin products the day of your appointment. This includes lotions, makeup, perfume etc.
- Discuss any medications with your therapist prior to treatment.
- A SPF30 full spectrum sun block is essential.
- Avoid excessive heat for 24 hours such as exercise, saunas and hot showers.
- Avoid soaps and harsh chemicals for 24 hours.
- Avoid chlorinated pools and hot tubs and Jacuzzis for 24 hours.
- Avoid makeup for 24 hours following facial Spider Vein removal is best.
- Avoid exfoliation of legs for 7 days.
- Avoid sunbathing / self tanning / solarium. Casual sun exposure is alright provided that the treated areas are thoroughly protected with a full spectrum SPF30 sun block.
- Avoid waxing for one week following Spider Vein therapy.
- DO NOT take aspirin or aspirin combinations.
- Apply ice packs if area becomes warm or uncomfortable.
- Sit with legs elevated as much as possible.
- Avoid crossing legs as this puts pressure on the veins.